Sunday, January 15, 2012

"Princess" x "Dallas" -- buckskin filly born 6/1/2011!






BUT.....It is another straight haired foal! :C "Princess" has given us buckskins every time! One Grand Mare! When I purchased this mare, unknown to me, she had foundered. At the time I had no idea what that was. Since purchasing her, I have had her on grass hay, which I soak in the summer, and have fed her "Safe 'N Sound" a no sugar- starch supplement when she is in foal. She is better when she is in foal, so I have used her as a broodmare since I purchased her. So a month after she foals, "Princess" has another episode-- I think it had something to do with hormones, as I did not change her feed? She became very lame ;C So sadly we put her down when the foal was weaned at 6 months. Photos are of Princess and her last three foals! MO Rowdy is a sooty buckskin just like his mom. I am so grateful that I could own this gorgeous mare for a short time, and hopefully make her comfortable in her last years.


































No comments:

Post a Comment